…and just like that, we’ve reached the three-week milestone of this 31-day journey!
I have been humbled and amazed by the positive response thus far… and not just from friends and family, but from total strangers, too.
This lead me to an important realization: other than a short history lesson on how my communications business came to be, and the odd quirk or tidbit in my posts, I haven’t done a proper job of introducing myself. Shame on me!
There was a brief period of time during my awkward tween years (and boy, were they ever awkward!) when I became obsessed with those trendy-once-upon-a-time “About You” questionnaires.
Summer or winter? Chocolate or vanilla? Who is your celebrity crush? Etc…
I would spend countless hours completing survey after survey, filing them away on floppy discs (yep, I’m old) and in lock-and-key diaries. I don’t think I’ve ever shared my answers, so in a nod to mini-me, today I’m going to tackle 21 questions to give you the inside scoop on the Little Writer:
1. Were you named after anyone? Jessica was the most popular girls name in 1987, so you could say I wasn’t named after anyone… I was named after everyone.
2. Do you like your handwriting? Only when I write in all caps.
3. What is your favourite lunch meat? Black forest ham for the win.
4. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes. For proof, see this entire blog.
5. Would you bungee jump? No sir, no thank you. I have a crippling fear of heights.
6. What is your favourite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Life hack: bake that shit into cookies. You won’t regret it.
7. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Hardly ever.
8. Do you think you are strong? My shoulder hurts from hauling a big bag of groceries home from the supermarket yesterday, so…
9. What is your favourite ice cream? Vanilla, which apparently means I am colorful, impulsive, and idealistic risk-taker according to this article.
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? Eyebrows.
11. What was the last thing you ate? THIS. Well, part of this. Bless you, Rude Boy Burgers.
12. If you were a crayon what colour would you be? Silver.
13. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My girl Layla, whose post suggestion you’ll find here.
14. Mountain hideaway or beach house? This water baby needs a beach house.
15. Favourite food? Do Caesars count as food…?
16. What colour shirt are you wearing? A grey Hardpressed tee. Saskatchewan, represent!
17. Favourite dessert? Apple crumble.
18. What book are you reading right now? Earlier today I polished off J.K. Rowling’s The Casual Vacancy, so as it stands: nada.
19. Where were you born? Regina, Saskatchewan (Canada).
20. What is the farthest you have ever been from home? I’m currently typing this from my lounge room in Melbourne, Australia, so…
21. Do you have a special talent? I can touch my tongue to my nose. Does that count?
Well, that’s me, folks.
It’s your turn to dish: pick a question from above (hell, invent a question of your own) and answer it in the comment thread below.